For your convenience we have provided many of our forms on our Web site. If you wish, you may download, print and complete these forms prior to your first appointment. This will give you time to prepare ahead and save you wait time.
- Patient information
- Patient History
- Financial Agreement and Release Information
- Attention to Medicare Recipients
As a patient, it is in your best interest to know and understand your responsibility for any deductibles, co-insurance, prior to any visit. Not all services are covered in all insurance contracts. For patients who do not carry health insurance or for those whose policy we do not accept, the patient will be expected to sign a waiver stating that he/she will be responsible for the bill.
For more information about insurance, call 757-395-1600.
MyHealth MyChart is where patients access Sentara MyChart, providing patients with secure access to their personal medical information and enabling new ways to interact with doctors and staff.
Sentara MyChart is powered by the Sentara eCare Health Network?, which makes it possible for patient information to be shared securely among hospitals, physician practices and other Sentara locations.
Click here to view MyHealth MyChart.
What are you hours of operation?
Our office hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
We are closed on the following holidays:
Thanksgiving and the following Friday
How can I prepare for my appointment?
Please assist us by remembering to bring the following to your appointment:
- Referral form (for HMO insurance, if required).
- Insurance cards and a means of identification such as a driver's license or social security card.
- List of current medications you are taking including prescriptions, over the counter medications, and any herbal supplements.
- Relevant information about your medical and surgical history. Bring any pertinent x rays or records you may have.
- Important questions you would like to ask the doctor.
How do I make an appointment?
Our office hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. We have the utmost respect for everyone's time, and we do everything we can to make the best use of both your time and our physician's time.
If you ever feel that you are experiencing a medical emergency, do not hesitate to call our office, regardless of the day or hour. We have in place a system of physician coverage that ensures that urgent medical needs will be met. You can also visit our emergency room for immediate assistance.
Please call 757-395-1600 to request an appointment. When you call, the scheduler will ask for the following information:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Brief description of the reason for the appointment
- Your Address
- Home and alternate (work) phone numbers
- Your primary physician or health care provider, and whether or not you would like us to send a report of your child's visit to that provider
- Your Insurance or HMO information
You can also request an appointment right from our website. Please accurately complete our Appointment Request Form and someone will be in touch with you by the end of the day. To ensure proper communication, please supply the best phone number you can be reached at or supply your email address.
Click here to view our Patient Education articles.
The Internet can be a valuable resource for news and information on health and medicine, but it can also provide misinformation. Our group periodically reviews and recommends websites that offer accurate medical information. The organizations listed below can provide additional information:
- American Heart Association aims to reduce heart disease and stroke through a wide range of public awareness, education and advocacy initiatives. AHA's website helps educate consumers about the risk factors for these conditions and offers important prevention and treatment options.
- The National Lymphedema Network (NLN) is an internationally recognized organization that works to standardize quality treatment for lymphedema patients throughout the United States.
- The National Stroke Association is working to save lives by reducing the number of strokes that occur. This national nonprofit organization is an excellent resource for healthcare professionals and consumers who want to learn more about this condition and find out how to prevent stokes, recognize the signs and symptoms, and access treatment options when necessary.
- Vascular Web is an Internet-based global information resource for individuals interested in improving vascular health worldwide.
- World Hypertension League
If you want to know how to take your blood pressure correctly at home, check with the World Hypertension League for a series of recommendations. The World Hypertension League provides this and other important educational material for patients and healthcare providers.
- Radiology Info
Within this site you will find concise, current and accurate information on radiologic science and procedures. The information includes how the procedures are performed, what you might experience, how to prepare for the exams, and much more.
- American Cancer Society is the largest source of private, nonprofit cancer research funds in the nation. It supports a wide range of research, education, advocacy, and service efforts to help prevent, reduce, and treat cancer.
- American Diabetes Association is leading the fight against the deadly consequences of diabetes and fighting for those affected by diabetes. The Association funds research to prevent, cure and manage diabetes; delivers services to hundreds of communities; provides objective and credible information; and gives voice to those denied their rights because of diabetes.
- American College of Surgeons contains educational information to help you and your family become informed about your operation and surgical care.
- American College of Chest Physicians is the leading resource for the improvement in cardiopulmonary health and critical care worldwide.
- Society for Vascular Surgery seeks to advance excellence and innovation in vascular health through education, advocacy, research, and public awareness.
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society
- American Society of Transplantation is an international organization of transplant professionals dedicated to advancing the field of transplantation through the promotion of research, education, advocacy, and organ donation to improve patient care.
- Vascular Care at Sentara